Duvet Cover!

Duvet Cover

I finally finished it last week and I’m ever so pleased with the result.  I spent a total of $13 to create it, $10 at Target on the clearance shower curtain and $3 at Hobby Lobby for the 3 yards of brown fabric.  I used an old favorite sheet for the back and created a pocket at the bottom (rather than using buttons, ties, or velcro.)  The pattern was completely my own, using the measurements of our down comforter.  The fit of the cover and the comforter together is awesome.  I always hated that our previous duvet covers seemed to have extra fabric just hanging that the comforter didn’t fill.

I have some scraps of the fabric leftover, so I see some throw pillows in my future.

Now if only I can get ahold of a table saw so I can work on the headboard!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s