I hand-painted this natural wool felt (I bought a half yard at JoAnn’s last year using a 40% off coupon – I believe they still carry it) using Wilton cake dyes. I was hoping for more browns and darker colors, but I used only what I had on hand and did attempt a second layer with more browns with little improvement. I was still happy with the results and let it dry so I could cut into it.
I made these two little guys.
I used my sewing machine to do the decorative leave stitching around the cape and the brim of the hat.
I attempted to hand embroider a leaf on the the hat and the cape. I hope it looks like a leaf and not a feather.
One will be going to my nature table swap partner and the other will be for Jackson’s birthday. I might have to whip up another one or two though because both Izzy and Alex were pretty taken with these little guys too.