Last year my focus was on gratitude. I tried to find a way to be thankful for every situation that was thrown at me. It wasn’t always easy, but it always led me to find peace, and what a wonderful feeling that is!
My motto for 2010 is “Back to the Basics.” I want to get by on less so we can save more, rid ourselves of the clutter, and learn/practice basic skills.
Some things I’d like to do this year:
- Knit myself a sweater
- Back to baking bread regularly
- Bake biscuits from scratch and refrain from buying them in a can
- Try needle felting
- Make window stars
- Read more books by myself and with the kids
- Spend more time with extended family
- Wood crafting with my new rotary tool – Can’t wait to try those patterns at Wee Folk Art!
- All handmade gifts (not necessarily by me)
- Soak and cook beans without them being hard
- Grow a bountiful garden
- Pray daily
- Refrain from convenience food
- Play outside more
- Live by the budget
- Hug my kids more
- Practice the art of story telling without notes or a book
- See the ocean (it’s been 4 years and how I miss it!)
- Sew a couple of quilts
I’m sure there’s more, but it’s a good start for now. Many blessing to you and your family in this new year!