Outside my window… drip, drip, drip – it’s a cloudy, rainy day.
I am thinking… that I’m sick and tired of everyone being sick and tired. Alex had a double ear infection last week. Jack has one today. Izzy, Autumn, James, and I all have colds too.
I am thankful for… all the inspiration out in blog land! Thank you for inspiring me to create, cook, clean, exercise, be a better mama, and design lessons just right for my kids. Y’all are awesome!
From the learning rooms… slowly finishing up third grade with a Native American block and gardening. Once everyone is feeling better, we’ll take a field trip to Conner Prairie and Spencer’s U-Pick Berry Farm for strawberries.
Also planning for grade 4 and kindy for next year! I finally got my hands on a few books (thank you Mary!) and can’t wait to put them to good use:
- Suzanne Down’s books: Autumn Tales and Spring Tales
- Path of Discovery grade 4 by Eric Fairman
- English Manual for Elementary School by Dorothy Harrer
- The Human Being and the Animal World by Charles Kovacs
- Geometry Lessons in the Waldorf School
- Rhythms of Learning
From the kitchen… pumpkin chocolate chip muffins just out of the oven and a fresh batch of yogurt started. Leftover lasagna for lunch. And for dinner, grilled chicken and brie sandwiches (from the latest Everyday Food) on freshly baked rosemary focaccia bread with homemade Panera’s broccoli cheese soup.
I am wearing… pajamas and a sleeping baby.
I am creating…
- Knitting wee baby things for friends due any day now.
- Sewing my very own diaper bag (I finally got the pieces cut from the fabric!)
- Meal plan for the week.
- Lesson plans for kindy and grade 4.
I am reading…
- Simplicity Parenting on my i-phone (I’m so addicted to the Kindle reader now)
- Real Food
- In Defense of Food for the Simple Living Book Club
- Small Steps for Catholic Moms.
I am hoping… that we kick this cold out the door for good!
I am hearing… Sesame Street (sick kids resting in front of the TV) and a sweet baby girl sniffling.
Around the house… Appreciating a clean bathroom and a freshly floored and doored pantry (thank you, James!) He couldn’t find the hammer so he used an ax to fix the pantry door, LOL!
One of my favorite things… making wishlists!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
- My birthday!
- Deep cleaning the kitchen, fridge and freezer too!
- Planning, reading, knitting, and sewing.
- Field trip to Conner Prairie.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing…
More Daybook entries at The Simple Woman’s Daybook